Tuesday, May 13, 2008

He's an on time God...


yes He is! I had my first "real" Mother's Day two days ago. I never "felt" like a Mother in the past even though I had mothered our foster children. I guess it's because they truly didn't belong to me and they were some other mother's children. I never thought I would have this day. I dreamed of it, but thought God had other plans for us. Motherhood has been a challenge at times; sleepless nights, fussiness, fits (yes, already,) but so rewarding; hugs, kisses, lots of smiles, cuddling, laughing and playing. I wouldn't trade my job for anything this world has to offer. I am blessed and rewarded every day for my efforts. I am priviledged and consider myself unworthy for this calling God has placed upon me. I know I have failed and will continue to do so because of my nasty sin nature, but I am thankful that God's grace is so much more sufficient than my shortcomings. So, is God an on time God?...oh yes He his!! He knew exactly what He was doing when He timed Libby's arrival.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

You're a beautiful Mommy! Congrats on your first Mom's Day with a baby in sight. Last year we celebrated with a baby-in-belly, remember?

Love ya!

Andrea said...

What a beautiful duo you two are! Happy Mother's Day! What a blessing to be a Mom! Thank you God for our children!

ishadohn said...

Jennifer...Congrats on the first "real" mother's day! We miss you guys, feel like we never get to see ya? I am loving all the updates and pics. God is faithful and we are praying for you guys! love ya
Ishadohn