Friday, December 12, 2008

First Doctor's Appointment and Some Extras

Well, I got there and it was cancelled. He was called out to do a delivery so all the afternoon appnts. got rescheduled. I go January 13. I will be sixteen weeks by then! But, my friend who is a nurse at Labor and Delivery told me to come tomorrow since we will be in the area anyway and she will hook me up to the doppler so I can at least hear the heartbeat and that if the sono lady is there she might can play around some...I hope so, but if not then it will have to wait til January. We were kinda bummed, but we did some Christmas shopping afterwards and have only two left to buy for which we will finish up on Saturday.

I can't believe my Christmas cards aren't out yet, but we finished our letter yesterday and hope to have the pictures developed and the cards sent out by the middle of next week. We'll see.

Libby got her results back from her allergy testing and she is allergic to seventeen different foods. Wheat, dairy, eggs, tomatoes, rice, oats and almonds just to name a few. Planning meals has been overwhelming and has left me weepy at times just trying to get her to eat something. She doesn't have much variety and I am finding myself feeding her the same things so my goal now is variety and thinking of varied things to make with the same vegetable or pasta. Pray for me. I know there are people who have to deal with this thing all the time, but I am not used to it yet so I need wisdom and ideas.

I know I haven't blogged in a while, but I haven't felt much like it. There's been a lot going on.

Christmas it now less than two weeks away. We are excited and I am ready for holiday baking so there's my agenda for next week. Talk to you then.

0 comments: