Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ponderings of my heart

I woke up at 5:50 a.m. this morning. Unable to go back to sleep, I got up to spend some much needed time with the Lord this morning. He sent me directly to Psalm 71. It's what I needed for the moment to carry me through this day. I will type portions of it that spoke to my heart and what the Lord was showing me through it.

"Be my strong refuge, To which I may resort continually; For you are my rock and my fortress. For you are my hope, O Lord God; You are my trust from my youth. By you I have been upheld from birth; You are He who took me out of my mother's womb. My praise shall continually be of You. Let my mouth be filled with Your praise And with your glory all the day. Do not forsake me when my strength fails. O God, do not be far from me; O my God, make hast to help me! But I will hope continually, And will praise You yet more and more. My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness And your salvation all the day! I will go in the strength of the Lord God. O God who is like You? You who have shown me great and sever trouble, Shall revive me again. You shall increase my greatness, And comfort me on every side." Psalm 71:3,5-6,7-8,9,12,14-17,19-21 (NKJV)

God spoke mighty things to my heart through this passage. He is my strong tower that I can run to any time. He is my firm rock; steady, unchanging, never-ending in His love. I can trust Him with Libby, for by Him she has been upheld from birth and He will be there when I can't. He is trustworthy. I will praise Him in the good and in the bad. I will tell of His excellency all the days, even while we are at the hospital. When my strength fails, I will go in His strength. Who is like the Lord our God? He will comfort me on every side. He is my rear guard and the lifter of my head. He has everthing covered.

As I prayed, this moring, I poured out my heart to the Lord and told Him I was going in His strength today because mine had run out...right where He wants us anyways, right? He answered prayer...His strength was sufficient. He is trustworthy, mighty, the deliverer, the lifter of my head, and my strong tower. I will praise Him for today and trust Him for tomorrow!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Peace that passes understanding.... May you have a joyful time of worship as you commune with your loved ones tomorrow as Libby is healed. I will be lifting you all up.

Wendy said...

That is a beautiful way to look at it-the day Libby was healed. What good news it is to have your baby healed! I was thinking today of what the doctor told you about how Libby will be after her recovery; that you won't believe the improvement. I can't wait for that!

See you in the morning :)

Summer said...

When our Addi was at Cooks, I always had this vision of God's great big hand stretched down from Heaven holding her. I know He is holding sweet Libby as well.
Thanks for sharing your heart. He truly is amazing and provides just what we need at the right time.

Tefertiller Tribe said...

Jennifer, I can't begin to imagine what God has in store for you and your family. He never puts us through hard training unless He is preparing us for something amazing. I wait in joyful expectation! I love you.

Tena said...

May the Lord cover you, as a blanket, with His mercy and love, drawing you into His presence with thanksgiving and praise.