Monday, July 14, 2008

Many Firsts

The last two weeks have seen many firsts around our humble abode. They include but not limited to:

Libby's first bath without crying...she loved it and even splashed around and was drinking the bath water to top it off.

She pulled up for the first time while at Mimi's house. Now, she thinks she is two years old or something and thinks she can pull up to anything. We've had many falls, but she is learning balance.

She no longer chews on straws, she drinks out of them and loves cherry vanilla Diet Dr. Pepper. I assure you it was on accident. In the past I let her chew on my straw anytime I got a drink...well, the other day I let her and up came the Dr. Pepper and you would have thought you would have given her chocolate.

She loves scrambled eggs and pop tarts (disclaimer: the organic all fruit ones from Costco...frosted!!!) Lapped them up.

She thinks everyone is A #1 and she does so with her fingers.

Peaches, cantaloupe, and watermelon are now big hits around here.

These last few weeks have seen many changes in her and she is growing up so fast. She is almost eleven months and a year is just around the corner.

I finished my mom's wall today with help from Amy. My first time to complete a project of this magnitude. It looks so awesome and I must say, it turned out very good! Pictures to follow later.

Many babies have been born lately (Lori, Miranda, Melissa)...their first time to see the world around them...mommy's face, daddy's voice, breeze blowing in their face, car rides, friends, and family. All were born within two weeks of each other and it is so neat to see life all around us. God is indeed the creator and sustainer of life and we see His sovereign, loving, creative, perfect hands each time new life enters this world. They are all precious in His sight.

God is at work in our lives and as we face some possible changes in our family logistics, we hold fast to an unchanging God who knows no shadow of a turning, that no matter what changes we face, he NEVER changes and remains ever true, faithful, the only constant in my life when all of life seems upside down at times. I need that. When people let me down, when circumstances appear bleak, when life is not a bowl of cherries, the Lord is my rock who never moves. I can depend on Him when all else fails. He is my security blanket, my friend who sticks closer than a brother, my yoke bearer.

What a friend we have in Jesus!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Family logistics...hmmm, you'd better clarify before we all start loaning you our materity clothes!

Jennifer said...

Hmmm, no I'm not prego, although it would be ok if I was, but it would be unexepected. Just things that we are praying about...I'm learning to let God lead and just follow. Sorry I'm being vague, but that's all I can be right now.

Wendy said...

Well, I kinda suspected you weren't since we've had that conversation lately...just had to rib you a little.

Fun seeing you for a minute Tuesday. Libby's looking great :)