Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Catching Up/Random Thoughts

I didn't realize it had been almost a week since I last posted. This week was a blur for me.

  1. Thursday night I started a Beth Moore Bible Study at church.
  2. Friday night we had dinner with friends.
  3. Saturday we went shopping with friends and got Libby's one year pictures made.
  4. Sunday morning was church and then Sunday afternoon we went to some other friend's house for a skeet shoot and supper.
  5. Monday we had several couples over for a Labor Day cookout and then today!

Do you ever wonder if people get tired of seeing you sometimes!? Especially when you see the same ones three days within the week?! I love fellowshipping with the body of Christ and seeing where God has brought each of us and how He is using us in our own present circumstances. It's exciting to see how the "body" functions together; the eye needs the foot, and the foot needs the hand...we all need each other if we are going to survive. Don't ever get to the point that you don't think you need anyone. You might have a large circle of friends or maybe your circle is small. Either way, encourage one another, spend time together developing and strengthening your relationship, and have fun and laugh together.

As iron sharpens iron so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. It's not always a pretty process. Grinding hurts and although you might not be able to see the final result when the sparks are flying, when the process is complete a relationship exists that can withstand anything. Thank you to all my friends that have "sharpened" me for I think our relationship is so much better. I hate confrontation and try to avoid it at all costs if I can, although there are issues that arise that need to be addressed at times, I try to keep my mouth shut and just mind my own business, sometimes to my own detriment. Accountability is hard. It means sticking your neck out there and confronting someone else's issues and being willingly to call them on it. It might turn out ok and then again it might not. There has to be a relationship there to be able to do that. I want others to hold me accountable if they see something in my life that isn't lining up...so friends, I give you permission to sharpen me, correct me, rebuke me if necessary...but try to make it sweet and maybe throw some encouragement in there to make it easier to swallow, lol I'm not saying I won't be slightly defensive, since that is everyone's tendency, but I'll try to receive with a smile :)

I know this has been random. I started out telling you why I haven't blogged in a week and ended up on a rabbit trail. That happens with me sometimes. I get on my soapbox and out it comes.

Until nextime.

2 comments:

Joey said...

Warren and I were talking about the same thing the other night about how some people don't want to be called on the carpet about there sin anymore. Well ditos, Love.

Jennifer said...

The girls always seem to be talking about the same thing the guys are...simultaneously. Thanks for taking the time to read today babe. Love you too!