Friday, September 26, 2008

Inside my boring life!

I haven't blogged in a week simply because, I hate to say it again, I had another busy week.

I don't have much to say that's blog worthy; nothing spiritual, nothing funny, nothing sarcastic:) Just inside my life this week. When things slow down I hope to get back to some real blogging.

I have been canning peaches, spaghetti sauce, pears, pear sauce, pear jelly and jam, and peach jam the last four days. Needless to say I was exhausted after it all. Four days of my week were taken up by this laborious effort. I want to try my hand at canning pumpkin next week so we will see how it goes.

I went thrift store shopping all day yesterday. Went to every place imagineable looking for a water bath canner, jelly sieve, pint and jelly jars. I borrow my mom's canner when I need it, but I wanted my own. I found one for $10.00! I also found a jelly sieve for $4.00 at hospice and a few jars here and there. My shopping was productive I must say. I haven't shopped like that in a while. I was in town from 8:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. I fell into bed last night...literally:)

I have been so blessed by Beth Moore's study on the fruit of the Spirit. This is the second time around for me and it's been neat for me to go back in my old book and see what answers I put just two years ago to see how I've grown in my walk with the Lord. I was definitely in a different season than am I now and it's exciting to see the small growth in my life. I say small because it takes me a while to catch on so God really has to knock me over the head sometimes before I get it.

Libby has started taking steps. She took eight yesterday and today she is getting braver and walking more. She is still very unsteady, but she will be walking before too long. She will be 13 months old tomorrow already. Where has this year gone?

Tomorrow is my 10 year class reunion. We are skipping out on the supper that night, but we are going to the lunch thing at the park. Never thought I would go, but I even surprised myself. If it's too awkward, we can slip out easily without being noticed.

Once again, I have to say that I am so thankful for a host of friends God has blessed me with. I don't deserve their friendship and I am still not quite why they would want me as a friend. Thank you for overlooking all my warts and faults. They are many.

Until next time.

3 comments:

The Hopson Family said...

I miss you. I wish we could hang out!

Jaime said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaime said...

I think this blog depicts a far from boring life =)! I love reading about your canning and thrift store shopping ... Beth Moore studies and Libby! I wish I were diligent enough to do her studies.

Did you enjoy your class reunion? We really enjoyed my class's picnic - it was so fun to meet my friends' kids! Some of these folks I'd known since we were young, and seeing how much their children looked like them at that age was simply amazing!