Saturday, September 20, 2008

Random Rambling

Highlights from my super busy week:

Babysat for a home school mom on Monday. Made the family a cake and accidentally put in 1 T. of salt instead of 1 tsp. Compensated by adding more sugar and an extra egg.

Had our first girl's night at my house on Tuesday with seven girls. We had a blast!

Wednesday morning I was up to my elbows in squash, tomatoes, okra, and peppers. The tomatoes got canned and the rest went into my already overcrowded freezer. That night we went to a small group to hear a passionate guy share about his heart and God's heart for missions.

Thursday night was the Beth Moore Bible Study at church

Friday morning I had a women's meeting at my house where we learned about identifying herbs in the wild, making tinctures, and poultices. That night we had friends over for supper and I showed her how to milk a cow. She had her husband take pictures because no one would ever believe her. It was fun!

Today, Saturday, Joey is working for Keith. This afternoon we are going to the small metropolitan city of "D" to get a few thing that our local Wal-Mart doesn't have and then it's off to a birthday party at some friend's house. Their little girl is turning two.

Tomorrow is church and then maybe some rest that afternoon. I hope!!

Things coming up:

A friend and I are going to try our hand at soap making. The old-fashioned kind made with lye. I hope it turns out.

Our first camping trip of the year in a few weeks. Hope it's not too chilly at night. Libby's first one.

I am in full swing preparing for the 4th annual (although we skipped the last two years) Fall Festival complete with a pie baking contest and chili cook off. Old fashioned games such as apple bobbing, three-legged race, sack race, tug-of-war, and the wheel barrow race are also on the list of to-do's.

We are ordering more chicks on Monday. 72 to be exact. They're not all for us. Several people went in to help make the order.

Things I have been blessed by recently:

A tub full of 12 month hand-me-downs-that-I-have-promised-to-return for Libby. Nice things too. We won't have to buy any winter clothes. Praise the Lord!

Free garden produce from a friend's garden. Mine didn't do so hot and hers did. She is passing along what she can't put up. What a blessing.

A myriad of friends that I have enjoyed fellowshiping with in the last week. Such treasures to me. I thank the Lord for them. You know who you are!!

A friend seeking the Lord's wisdom regarding her family size. She has a desire to please Him and be obedient and that blesses me. Still praying for direction for you :)

A friend's compliment that blessed my already insecure heart. Maybe I am not a failure after all.

My sweet husband that always blesses me with his kind words, servant's heart, tender sensitivity to the Spirit's leading, and a generous heart that overflows in giving to others.
I love him so much!

The Lord not giving up on me. I was beat up pretty bad, figuratively speaking of course, while doing one of my Bible Studies this week. I didn't even know how to pray for myself. I am a work in progress, but praise Jesus he loves me and chose me anyway!

I pray you all have a blessed week with your families!

0 comments: