Monday, November 17, 2008

Pilates Challenge


Once again, it's time for me to pick up my favorite pilates DVD by Denise Austin. I have tried several, but this one is my all time favorite. It's divided into 7 target areas and each segment is only ten minutes long so you can do as much or as little as you want. I did the Abs segment when I was pregnant with Libby until my stomach got big enough that I couldn't safely lay on my stomach to do the that particular part of the segment but otherwise it's safe during pregnancy too. When I first began my weight loss journey, this DVD helped me to lose my inches. I usually stop during the spring/summer when it's now warm enough for me to walk, although I shouldn't do that because for the first week starting back I am extremely sore and can't move, but after a while I tend to get burned out doing the same thing so it's nice to put it on the shelf for six months to begin my walking routine.


I started today and I can guarantee you I won't be able to get out of bed tomorrow without some moaning, groaning, whining, and no help from anyone since Joey would have already left for work...but I will make it. Don't all good things start out as painful?? I hope to lose some inches that I may have put on during my sabbatical. I did abs/waistline and hips this morning. I was breathing hard the whole way and my legs felt like jello when I was done, but it felt good...like I had actually done something good and exhilarating. My goal is to do it two-three times a week so we will see.


So if you're in the market for a good work out DVD that is excellent for all ages, and fitness levels, then I highly recommend this one. I hope to look like Denise Austin does, but I seriously doubt that will happen. Only a tummy tuck will help me now!! :) If anyone feels led to contribute to Jennifer's plastic surgery fund, all donations are tax deductible!!


Until then, have a wonderful Monday and try to get some exercise this week!!

1 comments:

Wendy said...

I was just telling Shane my pilates plan for the next months: postnatal pilates video, a pregnancy pilates video that is harder than the postnatal one, and finally Denise's Pilates for Every Body which is a rear-end kicker for sure!

Not sure how long it'll take to progress, but as long as I'm working at it, I don't care.

Happy Exercising!