Thursday, January 8, 2009

Making Tracks in 2009

Why is is that you don't start reflecting on the changes you want to make or things you desire to do differently until the calendar rolls over? Dunno, but somehow it does. I try not to "resolute" to do anything that is beyond reasonable for me otherwise it just places unwelcomed condemnation if I don't or can't complete my goal. That's why when I have set weight loss goals I never picked a certain amount to lose only that I will just lose then if I only lose a pound...hey it's a pound right? :)

That is one of my goals, just after June when baby #2 is born. I never did lose the last 15 from Libby so we will see.

I want to grow closer to the Lord...seriously. I know a lot of people say that and might mean it, but I really do desire to spend more time in His Word, in prayer, in fellowship through worship, fellowship through friends, fellowship through giving, etc. He's the greatest friend I have. Why in the world would I not want to make time for Him. I will admit my time with Him has been very lax. I will offer no excuses because in my opinion there is none. I could watch movies less, talk on the phone less or at different times, shorten my own personal reading time to have time for God's Word...or I should just pick up His Word first right? Right.

Joey and I desire to have more couples/families in our home, especially ones we have never had. What a neat time of fellowship you can have with other Christians or a time when your family can really be a shining light to the lost. We love entertaining and want to start being hospitable more. We will make time.

Giving to ministries that are Christ-centered, God-honoring, and people-loving is near to our heart. We want to start giving to at least two more ministries that have ministered to us. One of them is Voice of the Martyrs, a ministry to the persecuted church. What a way to make a difference in the lives of our brothers and sisters in chains, who are living every day with the threat of death upon them. It's a worthy cause. If your family is looking for a ministry to support, this is a worthy one. We are not sure of the second one, but are praying about it.
Side note: I will post soon about other ministries that are worthy of supporting if you are looking to give for kingdom's gain. What a way to spend your money!

We ARE going to finish paying off some debt that we are so close to paying off. When the CC (credit card) is gone, we are having a victory party if you want to come. One month left!!!!!! Honestly and embarrassingly, we have had this growth over our heads for ten looooong years, but after conviction from the Lord and some hard knocks on the head, we straightened ourselves up and started doing Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace University" plan and it is "paying" off. No pun intended.

There are other great and honorable things I desire to do like be a better helpmate to my man, a more Christ exalting mother, a better friend, better daughter, sister, granddaughter, etc.

I want to read more and eat less

Forgive offenses more and hold grudges less

Humble myself more and be less prideful

Say "I love you" more to my family and friends and truly express my gratitude towards them

I could go on and on but you get the picture.

Lord willing, He will grant me the desires of my heart as I truly desire to be more faithful in all areas.

Be looking for my post on ministries worthy of supporting and ones our family currently supports.

Be blessed!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey there, Girl :)

I wanted to pass on some encouragement. You know how we have a certain friend who is as skinny as a rail b/c of breastfeedig? Well, I read about another mom who never drops the last 10-20 lbs until she weans, which makes some sense to me, since we put on fat pads just to breastfeed, they may stick around on some women until she's done...just a thought as to why some of us don't lose down to a size 0 when we're nursing...

I've been missing you-having Jennifer withdrawl. Almost called you tonight to chat but didn't want to keep you from Joey since it was after dark and I thought he'd be home.

BTW, are you showing at all yet? :)

Unknown said...

I just want to say hey 2 u 2...we need to get together soon...busy times...