Monday, March 30, 2009

Grapefruit seed extract

Due to GSE's anti-fungal, anti-microbial, and anti-biotic properties, it is safely used to treat a number of internal and external infections, parasites, fungus, viruses and bacteria in humans and animals. It is yellow-amber in color and comes out in drop form that you mix in water. It is virtually tasteless. I mix it in with Libby's juice and she never even knows it's there.


It detoxifies, enhances and supports the immune system. It is also helpful in alkalizing (raising the ph) the blood which is vitally important because viruses, bacteria and even cancer can not survive in an alkaline system. Though lemons, limes, and grapefruit are chemically acidic, when they are metabolized by the body they have an alkalizing effect. One easy way I have found to alkalize my body is to you squeeze half of a lemon or lime in my ice water. I also purchased ph strips at a health food to test my acidity levels and they weren't too bad but not where it should be. I know of several post-cancer patients who are very faithful in drinking their lemon/lime water to help level out their body so cancer can not survive again.

It is safe and non-toxic for adults and children. It would take 4,000 times the normal dose of GSE to produce a 50% chance of poisoning according to a website I was researching.

It is used internally for yeast infections and an overgrowth of candida (yeast) in the body, colds, bladder infections, chronic inflammation (indicates a weakened immune system), parasites and many other things.

It is used externally for fungal infections of the feet, nails, and skin. Use it as a spray (use 10-20 drops in distilled or boiled water and put into a spray bottle) for cuts, burns, insect bites and wounds. It will stop an infection dead. It can be used as a facial cleaner and used to treat acne which a lot of times is caused by bacterial infections.

*The dosage listed on the bottle is anywhere from 10-20 drops but it doesn't matter. You can't overdose on it.*

If you're around someone who is sick, immediately give GSE to yourself and your children as a preventative. It doesn't always guarantee if you won't get sick especially if you're immune system is already compromised from a recent cold, flu, antibiotic treatment, etc.

The Nutribiotic brand to me is the best brand and everyone I know who uses GSE uses that brand. It is cheaper if you order it online here, however if you don't want to mess with ordering you can buy it at your local health food store.

Also, take GSE with you when you're traveling and camping. It can also be used to treat ticks (put the drops directly on the tick and then remove with tweezers), insects bits, first aide spray and water treatment. *Side note: Joey and I don't do that kind of camping or backpacking where we would come into contact with questionable water but if you do then you can use GSE to sanitize water. I don't know that I would feel comfortable doing that. I think I would boil it first if I could and then use that but that's me:)

It can also be used to spray on garden vegetables to detract pests from eating it up. Some of the recipes I found called for mixing it with cayenne pepper so research it before you do it to make sure you get the right amounts.

This is excellent stuff to keep on hand and no home should be without it.

I by no means guarantee any of these treatments, especially if the infection or virus is too far gone to be treated naturally. Sometimes conventional treatment needs to be sought out, however I will try the natural first and then if to no avail, I will seek out conventional treatment as a last resort.


Now, run stock up!!

1 comments:

THZ said...

Can you take it while pregnant?

Awesome post!