Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Homemade Rice Cereal

Tomorrow, the 22nd, Judah will be four months old. You know what that means? Baby cereal time. I can't believe it's already that time. I made homemade brown rice cereal for Libby and I am doing the same for Judah. I use my Whisper Mill grain grinder which is pictured below to grind the brown rice. It's cheaper and much healthier than the store bought kind. If you don't have a grain grinder you can use a blender. Blend how ever long you need to to make a powder.





Store in a glass container with a lid and simply mix with breast milk, formula, or water. Try adding a little apple sauce if you want it sweet. I refrain from that at first so they don't get used to it being sweet.

Judah hated it and even cried a bit. I will try it in the morning when he is in a better mood.



1 comments:

THZ said...

Hey girl! Sweet pictures of your precious babies! Judah is getting so big.

Ben is 15 pounds and not sure about how tall he is. I didn't go to his 4 month... will wait until 6 months. He seems healthy and thriving though. We usually wait on solid foods until 8 - 9 months... So a few more months til we try that. I usually start with some avacados and bananas. Serene still LOVES those two foods. =)

How is Libby? She looks so grown up in that picture watching her brother eat his cereal! WOW, I can't believe she is such a big girl.

I am so glad that Halloween is over and we can celebrate a real holiday! I love Thanksgiving.

Again, your children are just precious!